music therapy and psychotherapy
20 years’ practice converging in a new way to help you rediscover joy and healing through creativity.
I use psychotherapy techniques, which are a great way to get to know you and identify your goals. This way we can figure out what hasn’t been working and where you want to go.
I also use creative arts therapies such as making art, writing, and music to help you engage deeper and lovingly integrate parts of yourself that you haven’t been able to access or accept.
I use Mindfulness to help you stay present for longer with what is happening.
Let’s Get Creative Together
Give me a call at 1-206-594-3142.
- Free 15 minute call to see if we are a good match for therapy
- I am doing Telehealth sessions only until COVID-19 is no longer a threat.
- Sessions take place on secure, confidential Telehealth platform.
- I never share information outside of rare, legally mandated situations.
“Jen is easy to talk to and helped me immensely.”
“I was able to make art in a way that I haven’t since I was a little kid. It was awesome and surprisingly helpful.”
“I found this work to be truly transformative.”
- Ideas to Help if Your Loved One has DementiaThe other day a good friend called to talk about her mom, Anna, who moved in with her five years ago after a dementia diagnosis. My friend was concerned that her mother was depressed. Anna was an independent single momContinue reading “Ideas to Help if Your Loved One has Dementia”
- Music Therapy for Parkinson's diseaseHere’s a great article on how music therapy can help with Parkinson’s disease, compiled from Connie Tomaino’s 2018 presentation for the Parkinson’s Foundation. She worked for many years with Oliver Sacks and is a great resource. https://www.parkinson.org/blog/research/Music-Therapy-Parkinsons-Disease-Feel-Rhythm
- Can Emotional Intelligence be Taught Through Music?I just wrote a new article on the use of music to teach emotional intelligence. We know that EQ is a tough thing to teach, and some people think you either have it or you don’t. It’s difficult to teachContinue reading “Can Emotional Intelligence be Taught Through Music?”