creative arts & therapy
20 years’ practice converging in a new way to help you rediscover joy and healing through creativity.
My approach is both traditional and experiential, helping you move through what blocks you from being fully yourself.
Talk therapy is good a way to get to know you, identify your goals, and identify some of your patterns. Together, we can figure out what hasn’t been working and what direction you’d like to go.
Creative arts therapies such as making art, writing, and music can help you engage deeper and lovingly integrate parts of yourself that you haven’t been able to access or accept.
Mindfulness /awareness can help you become more aware with what’s going on and to work with anxiety. Somatic (body) techniques help us go deeper to help you heal more fully.
Let’s Get Creative Together
Give me a call at (914) 342-7599.
- Free 15 minute consultation to see if we are a good match.
- We are doing online sessions for now, and this option will remain available as long as clients prefer.
- Sessions take place on secure, confidential Telehealth platform.
- I never share information outside of rare, legally mandated situations.
“Jen is easy to talk to and helped me immensely.”
“I was able to make art in a way that I haven’t since I was a little kid. It was awesome and surprisingly helpful.”
“I found this work to be truly transformative.”
- Ideas to Help if Your Loved One has DementiaThe other day a good friend called to talk about her mom, Anna, who moved in with her five years ago after a dementia diagnosis. My friend was concerned that her mother was depressed. Anna was an independent single momContinue reading “Ideas to Help if Your Loved One has Dementia”
- Music Therapy for Parkinson's diseaseHere’s a great article on how music therapy can help with Parkinson’s disease, compiled from Connie Tomaino’s 2018 presentation for the Parkinson’s Foundation. She worked for many years with Oliver Sacks and is a great resource. https://www.parkinson.org/blog/research/Music-Therapy-Parkinsons-Disease-Feel-Rhythm
- Can Emotional Intelligence be Taught Through Music?I just wrote a new article on the use of music to teach emotional intelligence. We know that EQ is a tough thing to teach, and some people think you either have it or you don’t. It’s difficult to teachContinue reading “Can Emotional Intelligence be Taught Through Music?”